Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No Good Deed...

Does it seem to anyone else that 2008 has been a total WITCH of a year?

Now wait, here comes the good stuff…

So Tuesday I'm sitting in my office, skipped lunch because I'm swamped…I am eating yogurt and graham crackers for lunch. On about the fourth graham cracker I start thinking that something doesn't taste right…so I look down at the top, it looks ok. I turn it over and it has little green, furry mold spots ALL OVER IT! Don't believe…look:


I run with my toothbrush to the bathroom (gagging all the way) and there are GREEN chunks stuck all in my teeth. As I'm brushing my teeth, I remember a story about my mom eating moldy donuts, so I get cracked up. So now I'm brushing my teeth, gagging AND laughing.
Later that day...every year (regardless of what I say when all is done) I volunteer to buy for Salvation Army Angel Tree kids. This year I had to go buy for 8 – yes, that's EIGHT – Salvation Army Angels.
By myself.
At Wal-Mart.
In the rain.
Had to make two trips through the checkout and to my car. On my second trip through the checkout, the store rejects my credit card. Apparently my activity was 'suspicious'. When the cashier hands me my card back, she drops it INTO THE SLOT between the bags and the register. So then we've got to get maintenance over there with screw drivers and wrenches. The card is finally rescued, but now I'm late picking up my daughter at daycare. I finally get to her at 6:06PM…6 minutes late. The daycare charges $10.00 a minute after 6:00. So now I'm out $60 bucks.

No good deed goes un-punished…Merry Christmas...until next year.

No comments: