Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Moving and Moustaches

As I sit here, I ponder what to blog about this week. I have written little to nothing in about 7 days…my muse is floundering in a wide open sea of procrastination. (Yes, I visit that location frequently. One of the best vacation spots on the planet, except I always end up worse off when I return than when I left…hmmm). So in the past several days I have been…MOVING!

Let me just say, that I think I own the heaviest furniture in the central part of the state. A 1970’s-esck Hide-A-Bed couch (yes, they really named them that in 1974) and a solid cedar chest complete with marble top to name two of the items. So heavy in fact that my best friends’ husband told me that he refuses to move me again, at least for six months. I think that is like child birth, right after the birth a woman says “No More”, but over time, the pain of the memory fades and you look back on the labor with fondness. Yeah? Maybe not.

So I’m moved, unpacked, pictures hung, beds made…all with a three year old. I swear, I am super woman. Or I was this weekend, now I’m just worn out and sick.

I have to give props to my dearest friends and my mom who showed up in full force to help with the transition.

So I have an ‘acquaintance’ whose moustache has become the topic of internet jabs and blogs. Those who know him well are lovingly referring to him as ‘dirt-bag’…LOL…I threw in my two-cents which I will leave out here because this blog really should remain PG. But in the process of making fun of his lip-fro, I did a quick search on Google to find other Famous Moustache wearers. This blog actually made me laugh out loud on TV’s top five famous moustaches. Check it out: http://www.tvsquad.com/2005/11/22/the-five-greatest-tv-moustaches/

The blog got me thinking about ‘alternative’ names for moustaches:
- Soup Strainer
- Lip Bush
- Face Fur
- Chin Strap
- Fu Manchu
- The Neard – The Neck Beard

Oh Lord…and let’s not forget ‘Moustache March’…seriously, someone comes up with these things (and no, it is not me). Check it out to participate: http://www.moustachemarch.com/faq.html. This website even gives directives on when to start preparing for ‘Moustache March’: Most of us try to start growing a full beard in Don't Shave December, then continue with Just Grow it January and Facial Hair February. Then the last day of February our members all over the world gather for shaving parties and trim it down to the Moustache.

Oh my, what will they think of next. I think I’ll go back to writing now…

No comments: