Saturday, June 7, 2008

Twelve Steps (of Agony)

Well, I went and did it. I took the BIG leap because of a challenge put forth to DSRA by one of our members.

What was this challenge, you ask: To write a 6000 word story for the New Black Lace Anthology Series.

I did it - and LOVED every word of it.

What is Black Lace? Black Lace is an imprint of Virgin Books that specializes in erotica and erotic romance written by female authors specifically for female readers.

The first series was themed "Seduction" and due on June 2nd, 2008.

My first story, titled "Twelve Steps", is about a woman who sets out on a path to sexual self discovery by developing a twelve-step program which leads her to seduce a stranger and thereby release her inner vixen. The threat of having a tryst in a public location, with a stranger, only heightens her desire. In the end, she finds letting go of the reigns may be the ultimate step to any seduction.

The next three themes are:
Liaisons (due Aug. 4th, 2008)
Misbehavior (due Sept. 8th, 2008)
Affair (due Nov. 3rd, 2008)

So stay tuned as I make this writting journey. I'll be posting excerpts on my MySpace page on each deadline.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: